Syracuse University’s Wellness + Worklife initiative offers a variety of programs, tools, and resources to help our faculty and staff achieve an effective balance between the demands of work and the commitments of their personal lives. Valuable resources are available to help members of the University community achieve success on- and off-campus.
Family and Life Management Resources through Carebridge, the University’s faculty and staff assistance program
- Confidential, counseling support via phone or in-person sessions
- Support for stress management, grief, anxiety, depression, or addiction
- Resources for parenting, elder care, relationships, and child care
Health and Wellness Programs through the University Wellness Initiative
- Year-round wellness programs and events
- The Wellness Champions Network, a group of employees who model and encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Discounts with WeightWatchers and community fitness clubs
- Offers resources for physical activity and emotional well-being on campus.
Support for Working Mothers
- Clean, secure, and private lactation spaces throughout campus
- Coverage for breast pumps through the University medical plan
- Enhanced coverage during pregnancy through our Delta Dental plan to permit a third dental exam and cleaning [PDF] during that calendar year.
Personal Finance Resources
- One-on-one counseling with a TIAA financial counselor
- Adoption assistance, child care subsidy, and dependent tuition benefits
- Discounts on auto & home insurance, as well as a variety of employee discounts including free Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for home use
Flexible Work Arrangements
The purpose of flexible work arrangements (FWA) is to create flexible working conditions to help employees accomplish work more effectively while meeting their personal work/life needs.