As a member of our faculty, you perform the fundamental work of Syracuse University: teaching and research.

Offices dedicated to supporting you and your career:

  • Faculty Affairs: Supports faculty hiring, professional development, and recognition by providing information, resources and guidance across the academic career.  They also provide programs and services to support faculty success in teaching, research and scholarly excellence.
  • The Office of Human Resources: Administers your benefits and maintains employment-related records, including compensation information.

Syracuse University recognizes that accepting a position at the University often involves relocation and can pose challenges for faculty and administrators who are part of a dual career couple. Syracuse University’s Dual Career Network (DCN) helps the spouses and partners of  faculty members find employment in the Syracuse area.

Part-time faculty represented by Adjuncts United may be eligible for benefits.  Contact a labor relations specialist with any questions about your eligibility.

Emeriti faculty receive privileges in addition to the regular retiree benefit plans. Faculty Affairs provides ongoing support to emeriti faculty.

Faculty leaves are administered by Faculty Affairs.  Contact them directly for assistance and review the information about leaves on the leave policy website.

Thank you for your contributions to the University. Please review the information on the life events page, and contact HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 with any questions.

You can request new ID cards by contacting the administrator.

Note that the VSP vision plan does not produce member ID cards to mail to you, but you can print a facsimile of an ID card by logging into their site.

Have a smartphone? Download the mobile apps for Excellus BCBS, OptumRx, Delta Dental and VSP to make sure you have access to your electronic member ID card at all times. The apps also allow you to see plan benefits, find participating providers, order prescription refills, and much more. Download the free apps from iTunes or Google Play.

By logging into MySlice, you can update most of your personal information, including your address, phone number, email, emergency contact and military status. You can also add a Preferred Name, which will display in many University software systems, including as your email display name. To change your name in University records, you must provide a copy of your new Social Security card issued in your new name and complete a Name Change form [PDF]. To change your gender, contact HR Shared Services.

Review the information about reaching age 65 under balancing your life events.

Yes, generally, appointments for academic year employees are structured to continue through mid-August, so medical, dental, vision, life, disability and flexible spending accounts coverage will continue through the summer.  Your paycheck deductions during the academic year are accelerated to cover your costs during the summer when you do not receive a paycheck. If you are separating from employment, all benefits end on your last day worked. Consult your supervisor or contact the HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 if you have questions about your status or benefit coverage during the summer.

You have 31 days from the date of the event (marriage, birth, adoption, etc.) to make changes to your benefits.  Contact HR Shared Services to add your new eligible family members to your existing coverage. If you do not contact us within 31 days, you must wait for the next annual enrollment (generally held in early November) to make changes to your benefits. Read more about life events such as getting married and becoming a parent, and contact HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 with any questions.

For help with a topic not listed on this page, please contact HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042.