INFORMATION REGARDING 2018 PLAN CHANGES
Visit our dedicated Open Enrollment website for complete information regarding benefit changes for 2018. The website includes the announcement regarding our change to Excellus along with answers to a frequently asked questions resource guide, which will be updated as needed. Contact the HR Service Center at 315.443.4042 if you need further assistance.
Syracuse University offers three medical and prescription drug plan options to all benefits-eligible employees. All three plan options include medical benefits administered by POMCO and prescription drug benefits administered by OptumRx.
Contact POMCO Member Services toll-free at 877.GO1.SU44 (877.461.7844) or log into your secure member website at mypomco.com.
On this page:
The University offers a choice of three medical plans, all administered by POMCO. The same health care services are covered under SUBlue, SUOrange and SUPro, but your share of the cost will vary. A summary of the three plans is provided in At a Glance: A Comparison of Health Care Plans and you can compare the plans using the Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC). In addition, the Medical Benefits Summary Plan Description (SPD) and the Medical Benefits Booklet can be found on MySlice under Employee Resources.
The following table highlights some key differences among the plans:
|Network coverage||Provides in-network and out-of-network coverage||Provides in-network coverage only||Provides in-network and out-of-network coverage|
|Referrals||Required for maximum|
(Level One) benefits
|Your cost when you use an in-network provider||Copays||Copays||Annual deductible and coinsurance|
|Schedule of benefits document||SUBlue||SUOrange||SUPro|
The University is proud to include coverage for the following treatments and services:
- Hearing Aids: 50% of the allowed charge, up to $750 per hearing aid
- Chiropractic Care: spinal manipulation and related x-rays
- Acupuncture: for palliative pain relief when rendered by a certified acupuncturist
- Transgender Healthcare: services for gender confirming and affirming surgeries, transition-related mental health care and hormone therapy
- International Claims: eligible for in-network/Level One benefits under the SUBlue and SUPro plans, including routine/non-urgent care received when traveling for work or personal business (not available in SUOrange)
Referrals and/or pre-certification may be required; refer to the plan documents or contact POMCO for more information.
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act expanded coverage for preventive care services. Many common preventive care services are covered at no cost to you. For a list of covered services, please see www.HealthCare.gov/center/regulations/prevention.html. These new standards will apply to In-Network services only, unless specified otherwise in the Schedule of Benefits. Frequency and age limitations may apply.
You will maximize the value of your benefit when your physician or facility participates in the POMCO-PHCS/Multiplan network. You should confirm that your medical providers are in the network before each visit, because the network is subject to change. If your provider does not participate and you would like POMCO to attempt to recruit him or her, please contact POMCO Member Services at 877.461.7844.
SU pays a significant portion of the cost of your medical coverage and you pay the remaining cost of the premium through pre-tax payroll deduction. The Schedule A rates for medical coverage automatically apply, unless you qualify, apply and are approved for reduced Schedule B rates. Graduate Assistants are automatically approved for Schedule B rates.
Costs for domestic partners and their children are paid on an after-tax basis.
The monthly costs listed below are based on the 12-month calendar year. Actual deductions from each paycheck will vary depending upon your deduction cycle (e.g., weekly vs. semi-monthly, academic year vs. calendar year).
|Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner||$312.73||$303.63||$285.21|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$274.35||$266.37||$250.21|
|Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner + Child(ren)||$444.93||$431.98||$405.77|
|Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner||$273.95||$265.98||$249.84|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$240.33||$233.34||$219.18|
|Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner + Child(ren)||$389.76||$378.42||$355.46|
- Benefits Eligibility Policy (Including information about coverage for dependents up to age 26 and Domestic Partner coverage)
- Reduced Medical Rates (Schedule B) (Eligibility and Application Information)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- POMCO Health Reimbursement Form
- POMCO Participating Providers (instructions)
- POMCO-PHCS/Multiplan (online provider directory)
- US Imaging – VIP appointment services for MRI, PET and CT scans
- POMCO In-Network Immunization Providers
MyPOMCO.com Online Tools
- MyPOMCO.com – Access your secure account
- How to set up your personal MyPOMCO account
- MyPOMCO mobile app for iPhone and Android
- How to view your covered dependents’ information in MyPOMCO
- Sample Explanation of Benefits – SUBlue and SUOrange
- Sample Explanation of Benefits – SUPro
Marketplace Coverage Notice
Questions? Contact the HR Service Center at 315.443.4042 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained within this website is accurate. However, the benefits are governed by legal documents (which, in certain circumstances, may include insurance contracts). If there is any difference between the information in this website and the official documents, the official documents will control. As is the case with all of Syracuse University’s employee benefit plans, the University reserves the right to modify or terminate these benefits at any time.