As the Office of Human Resources continues to closely monitor the rapidly changing developments on the COVID-19 virus, we want to share some important information regarding how we will conduct our operations during this extraordinary time.
The HR team will be fully functional during all business hours. We can be reached through our Syracuse University phone numbers and emails. HR Shared Services will continue to field all HR inquiries and can be contacted at 315.443.4042 or email@example.com.
We are making some modifications to protect the safety of our University staff and the greater community. Unscheduled in-person meetings will not be accommodated for as long as remote work is mandated for the majority of the University’s workforce. If you need to meet with an HR representative in person, please reach out to the person directly or to HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to make suitable arrangements that meet your needs while ensuring the continued safety of our staff and community.
In addition, please note the following:
Senior HR Business Partners
- Each of your HR Business Partners is available and working remotely. In the event of an on-campus emergency, a designated HR Business Partner will be available for on-campus assistance.
- Contact information for the HR Business Partners is found at Contact-HR.
Organizational Development and Training
- We will be updating the HR website frequently with professional development opportunities, particularly to help employees and supervisors adjust to working remotely.
- For additional questions on organization development and training, email Pam Gavenda at email@example.com.
- HR Forms can be found online.
- I-9 processing and Spousal Waivers for TIAA Loan Requests require in-person handling by HR or by a notary. Please contact HR Shared Services at 443.4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
- Employment verification requests can be faxed to 315.443.1063.
- All other questions can be directed to HR Shared Services at 443.4042 or email@example.com.
- The talent team will be advising hiring managers to avoid inviting candidates to campus. All candidate communications should be conducted via phone, email or Microsoft Teams for video conferencing.
- The talent team is exploring Zoom as another video conferencing tool. Hiring managers can work with their talent acquisition manager to decide which tool is right for them.
- University leaders and administrators should email questions or requests for the compensation team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests for Payment for Professional Services forms should be sent directly to Disbursements.
- All in-person workshops have been postponed. The team is actively working on alternative delivery methods with the providers.
- We have already scheduled additional web-based opportunities and suggestions for how to cope, lead and work in these challenging times.
- Questions regarding Wellness or Carebridge services can be directed to email@example.com.
- Questions regarding benefits should be directed to HR Shared Services at 443.4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All training sessions have been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Questions regarding unionized employees, including questions on pay protocols, work assignments, FWA, etc., may be directed to the Labor Team through phone and email.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community. You can view the latest updates about COVID-19 from University leadership. The Office of Human Resources will continue to monitor communications from University Leadership, the CDC, NYS and Onondaga County, and adjust our plans accordingly. Thank you.