We look forward to welcoming you to our neighborhood! Within minutes of campus you can find your new home, whether your preference is an urban loft in the heart of downtown, a cul-de-sac in the suburbs, or a farmhouse on a country lane.
To make your transition as smooth as possible, review these resources and discuss any questions with your Talent Acquisition Manager.
Getting to Know the Area
- To learn more about Syracuse, www.visitsyracuse.org.
- Read area news at www.syracuse.com, www.cnycentral.com, or www.localsyr.com.
Finding Your New Home
- Guaranteed Home Mortgage Program: If you are considering purchasing a home near the University, this program can help.
- Moving Expenses for Employees: you may be eligible to have some moving expenses reimbursed, per department guidelines. If you are receiving relocation assistance from the University, review the preferred vendors and payment procedures.
- Preview homes for sale and rent, see the schedule of open houses and find a local realtor on cnyrealtor.com or zillow.com.
- Temporary Housing: You may receive a discounted rate for an extended stay at the Homewood Suites, Syracuse/Carrier Circle. Use the Syracuse University Corporate ID: 560064360 when booking online. Call direct 315.433.1009 or toll-free 1.800.CALL.HOME and reference Syracuse University.
Dual Career Resources
This move presents an exciting opportunity for your spouse or partner’s career, too. To get started searching for job opportunities in the area outside of SU, check the following resources: