- Report the fraudulent claim to the New York State Department of Labor. Complete the Unemployment Insurance Fraud form.
- File a report with the Identify Theft Resource Center.
- Check credit history by requesting a free credit report from the Annual Credit Report website, call toll free at 1.877.322.8228, or by contacting any of the following agencies directly:Equifax
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
PO Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
PO Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016
- If you detect any errors on your credit report, notify the credit agency.
- The New York Attorney General’s announcement is available on New York State’s website.