Clery Disclosure Act
This workshop will provide an overview of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act, which requires colleges and universities to report crime and safety information for their campus communities. It is targeted to Campus Security Authorities, individuals or organizations on campus, or people working and living on campus who have significant responsibility for student and campus activities. Led by Nicole Cooter, Regulatory Compliance Manager, employees will learn what the law requires and how information should be reported.
Sessions will be via video conference. A link will be sent a few days before the session.
Next offering: Spring semester 2024
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): What You Need To Know
The federal law governing student privacy, dictates when and how we may (or must!) share student information. This session, brought to you by the Offices of Risk Management and University Counsel will explain the basic rights and restrictions of the law, and answer the following questions:
- When may you share records about a student, and with whom may you share them?
- What do you need to know for online classes?
- When and how may a student access their own records?
- What happens if you get it wrong, and how can you fix it if you do?
Wednesday, Feb. 28
This program will be held online via teleconferencing. A link will be sent to those who register a few days before the session.
Protecting Minors on Campus
This workshop is designed to strengthen the safety of minors invited to campus. During this 60-minute presentation, Sarah Ross Cappella, Youth Program Compliance Coordinator, Risk Management, will be covering the following points:
- Registering Programs – who needs to and how is it done
- Background Checks – who, what and how
- Training – university policy, the law and how to report suspected incidents
- Mandatory Reporting Guidelines
Wednesday, March 20
Do you use the Syracuse University “Block S” or seal within your communication and/or marketing materials? Are you familiar with the Syracuse University guidelines related to trademarks and licensing? Do you know what is included within Syracuse University trademarks?
Led by Rachel Duffy, Director of Trademark/Licensing at Syracuse University, you will learn:
- What is a Syracuse University trademark;
- How to order officially-licensed Syracuse-branded promotional products; and
- we use officially-licensed vendors while committing to the Building Local initiative
Tuesday, April 9
This session will be held online via a video teleconference. A link will be sent to those who register a few days before the session.