Welcome to Syracuse University! As you get settled into your new position, please contact us with your questions; we’re happy to answer your questions and help you get familiar with our campus.
Below are some reminders for important items you will want to take care of soon to ensure a smooth start to your SU career. Please ask your supervisor about any department-specific requirements that aren’t listed here.
On your first day
- Go to the Human Resources office (map below) and complete required new employee forms, including your I-9 [PDF]. Be sure to bring your required documentation [PDF].
- If you haven’t already, activate your NetID for access to University computer systems, including email.
- You must also complete your Pay Notice Acknowledgement in the Employee Services section of MySlice, using your NetID and password to log in.
In addition, we recommend
- Next, stop by the parking office (right down the street from the HR office) for your parking permit. Bring your offer of employment letter for verification, your SU ID number, photo ID, and your vehicle registration.
- Then, go to the SU ID Services Office (206 Steele Hall) for your SU ID card. Bring a photo ID.
- Lastly, you’ll also want to speak with your supervisor to discuss your job duties and expected work schedule, confirm your understanding of your department’s objectives and how you will support them, and review any job-specific training you will need to be successful.
Recommended tasks for your first week
- Complete your payroll tax withholding forms in MySlice and enroll in direct deposit.
- Review the Orange Alert section and provide your preferred contact information in MySlice.
- Complete Hazard Communication Training.