Position Evaluation is a process that uses the information provided on the Position Evaluation Request (PER) form to identify, analyze and measure each position against internal equity and external competitiveness. After a position has been reviewed with a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner, the PER should be sent to the HR Compensation team at email@example.com. The HR Compensation team will evaluate and assign the appropriate category, title and pay band.
Once the position has been classified, Human Resources will verify funding with the Office of Budget and Planning. When funding is secured, the appropriate executive leadership approvals will be sought by Human Resources. Once finalized, the position will be posted on sujobopps.com with the assistance of the Talent Management team.
- Position Evaluation Request (PER) form to be completed when creating or reevaluating a pinned position
- Position Evaluation Request (PER) Form Instructions: step-by-step instructions to help guide you through completing the form
- Sample Job Description Statements and Action Verbs guide to help identify and describe the major responsibilities of a position
- Job Classification Model explains the basic job requirements for each category.
- Pay for Staff Positions
Bargaining Unit Positions
- For bargaining unit staff positions, copies of job specifications (brief summary descriptions) may be requested by contacting a labor relations specialist at 315.443.4042.
- The collective bargaining agreement sets parameters for who can be selected for bargaining unit positions. It is extremely important that the job posting clearly lists the specific qualifications needed for the position. For assistance in developing the posting, or questions regarding the bargaining unit recruitment process, please contact a labor relations specialist.