As a faculty or staff member of Syracuse University, you can enjoy a variety of discounts from University departments, as well as from local businesses. We make every effort to provide current information on University discounts, but in the case of outside services, you should contact these businesses directly to learn about available discounts.
The University does not coordinate a discount with local businesses, nor does it endorse any of the vendors mentioned here. Be advised that discounts may change from time to time and must be confirmed with the vendor at the time of purchase. The University is not responsible for individual transactions.
- Syracuse University Athletics offers a discount on certain tickets. For more information, visit the ticket link on the Athletics web page or contact the Carrier Dome at 315.443.2121.
- Visit Otto’s Kids Club for fans 12 or younger. Contact Athletics at 315.443.2121 for more information.
- The Syracuse University Bookstore offers a 10 percent discount on many items. The bookstore also offers education-priced computers and accessories to faculty and staff, including Apple computers, iPads, and accessories; Dell systems; and Microsoft Surface Pro and Pro Book. The bookstore is an Apple and Dell certified repair center. For detailed information about current offerings, please visit the bookstore.
- Syracuse University’s Office of Pre-College Programs offers employees a 15 percent discount on tuition and program fees if their dependents attend Summer College for high school students. This discount can be combined with the 15 percent Central New York resident discount if the student elects to reside on campus in a Summer College residence hall. For details on the program and discount information, visit the website or call 315.443.5000.
- Syracuse Stage offers season ticket discounts for the drama department’s productions. Contact the Syracuse Stage box office at 315.443.3275 for details.
- The Telecommunications Department coordinates some cellular carrier discounts for eligible employees.
- The Food Services Mug Club offers discounted hot coffee or tea refills.
Some local businesses offer discounts to employees upon presentation of a valid Syracuse University ID, but these discounts are not always communicated to Human Resources. The best way to determine if a discount is available is to identify yourself as a Syracuse University employee and ask vendors directly if they offer a discount.
- Fitness Centers: Some local gyms offer discounted memberships, classes and amenities.
- Regal Cinemas Movie Ticket Discounts: Contact the Schine Box Office at 315.443.4517.
- Syracuse.com/Post-Standard: All faculty and staff have access to Syracuse.com, the ePost-Standard, and home delivery of the Sunday Post-Standard print edition (for individuals living within Advance Media’s local delivery area) at no cost. To register, visit syracuse.com/digitalsubscription/education and use promo code SU2020FACULTY.