Non-Union Staff Public Service Leave
- Consult the Leave for Volunteer Emergency Service Activities or Expanded Leave for Public Service Activities in Times of War/National Emergencies policy on the Syracuse University Policies website.
- Inform your supervisor that you are involved in activities covered by this policy.
- Complete a Leave Request Form.
- Submit proof of hours worked to your supervisor.
- Questions? Contact the HR Leave Administrator at 315.443.4042 or e-mail email@example.com.
Union Staff Public Service Leave
Syracuse University provides full pay to bargaining unit employees for time spent fighting fires during normal working hours, providing the employee is a bona fide member of a unit that is engaged in such activities, and has presented proof of such. Also, full pay is provided to a bargaining unit employee who is a bona fide member of a unit that is engaged in emergency medical services (EMTs), and has presented proof of such. The employee is not to schedule any volunteer hours that conflict with his/her normal working hours or answer any calls while working. (This means if an employee is called out on an emergency during non-working hours and it extends into working hours, the employee will be paid for the time spent handling that emergency.)
Questions? Contact Labor Relations at 443-2384.