Let’s build a gratitude movement on campus together!
The Attitude of Gratitude Challenge is a three-week program that encourages reflection, expression, and mindfulness to boost positive feelings and well-being. Participants will complete tasks and check-ins designed to heighten awareness and enjoyment of the goodness in their lives.
Gratitude at work is good for everyone
As a leader in our campus community, you play a pivotal role in setting organizational culture. Studies show gratitude has positive impacts on our overall health and well-being, which in turn, helps us meet goals, face challenges, be resilient, and inspire others as leaders. The big and small thank yous make a difference in a variety of ways:
- It sparks positive energy
- It builds trust
- It strengthens connections
- It boosts morale, motivation, and job satisfaction
- The program runs October 30-November 17 (register by October 27)
- Each week, participants get an email detailing the gratitude theme and task of the week (reflection, expression, mindfulness), followed by an online check-in exercise.
- A creative exercise at the end of the three weeks encourages participants to continue practicing grateful acts in the future.
How you can help
- Look for ways to express gratitude to your team, with a few key points in mind:
- Make it authentic
- Make it specific
- Make it timely
- If appropriate, make it public (Some people get a boost out of being recognized in front of a group; it can make others uncomfortable.)
- Participate in the Attitude of Gratitude program
- Between October 30-November 17, send at least two hand-written thank you notes to people who have made a difference for your team.
- Encourage your staff to participate
- Register for the challenge yourself and participate alongside your team
Take the next step
- To register, visit wellness.syr.edu/gratitude and click on the register now button.
- All registrants will receive two thank you cards; to request additional you may contact the Wellness Initiative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.5472
Thanks for your help – we couldn’t do it without you!