Crucial conversations take place in every organization every day. These are conversations where there are high stakes, differences of opinion, and strong emotion. These are conversations around work quality, time management, productivity, performance, customer satisfaction, sensitive issues, conflict, or a strained relationship, for example. Often, individuals avoid having these conversations or they do not handle them well. Either way, this leads to not getting the results you want.
Whenever you’re not getting the results you’re looking for, it’s likely a crucial conversation is keeping you stuck…
Crucial Conversations® is a course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics – at all levels of an organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you will begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on the decisions with unity and commitment in a respectful way.
Participants will learn to:
- Spot when conversations become crucial
- Hold the right conversations
- Avoid repeatedly having the same conversation
- Understand their own style under stress
- Recognize and diffuse violence and silence
- Clearly identify and express what they really mean
- Separate facts from stories and emotions
- Make it safe for others to speak up
- Make clear decisions and commitments
Program Cost: $350 per participant
This covers the cost of course materials to include:
- Crucial Conversations Participant Toolkit
- Cue cards for each lesson in a desktop display case
- Crucial Conversations model card
- A copy of the New York Times bestselling book, Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High
- Crucial Conversations Audio Companion, MP3 download
- Post-training participant website: videos, exercises, assessments, additional reading, and more
Maximum number of participants: 24
Spring 2020 Dates: February through March
This program is offered in two-hour segments over consecutive weeks. Sessions will be held on Thursdays from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. beginning Feb. 6, and continuing through Mar. 26. Skills learned each week build upon skills from the previous week, so it is critical that you are able to attend all sessions.
Led by Crucial Conversations® Certified Trainer Pam Gavenda, this program will be held in Whitman School of Management, Milton Room.