In light of COVID-19 relief rules recently issued by the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Department of Labor, and guidance issued by the University’s insurance carriers, certain employee and retiree benefit notice, election and claims deadlines have been extended.
- Extension of special enrollment deadlines for group health plans;
- Extension of the 2019 health and dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) deadlines;
- 2020 mid-year FSA election changes and increase in carryover amounts;
- 2020 FSA reimbursement of over-the-counter medicines and menstrual care products;
- Extended plan claim and appeal deadlines under the University’s group health and disability plans;
- Premium payment relief for certain employees and former employees enrolled in group life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), as well as an extension of deadlines to request rights or benefits under the plan; and
- Extension of the COBRA election deadline, COBRA premium payment deadline and the deadline for qualifying event and disability notices.
View the Human Resources COVID-19 Benefit Notifications webpage for further information. If you have any questions on how these notifications may apply to your specific situation, contact HR Shared Services at email@example.com or 315.443.4042.