2016-2017 Winter Break/Green Days Schedule
The Office of Human Resources will be closed on University holidays: December 23, 26 and 27, 2016, and January 2, 2017.
On Green Days – December 28, 29, and 30 – the Office will be available to employees through the Service Center by calling and leaving a message at 315.443.4042, or online at firstname.lastname@example.org This voice and email service will be checked twice daily during Green Days, and emergencies will be addressed promptly.
HR will return to normal business hours on Tuesday, January 3 at 8:30 a.m.
Following are details of the winter break work schedule:
- In addition to the regular University holidays of December 23, 26 and 27, and January 2, 2017, the following days have been designated as paid Green Days: December 28, 29, and 30. Green Days also apply to those working at Lubin House, Greenberg House and the Los Angeles office.
- Essential service units including Public Safety and Physical Plant and Maintenance will continue to provide services during the break.
- The SU Libraries will be open on a modified schedule.
- Faculty and graduate students may make arrangements through their school and college offices regarding lab and other research space needs.
- All non-bargaining unit employees providing essential services who are required to work during the Winter Break will be given an equal amount of time off to be used at another time within the fiscal year, scheduled with supervisor approval.
- Eligibility for the Winter Break schedule is extended to staff represented by unions, dependent upon the fulfillment of bargaining responsibilities.
In general, essential services are those that: serve an ongoing critical function; may directly affect the health, safety or quality of life of the campus community; and must be performed during some or all of the Winter Break period. Managers and supervisors will inform employees who are deemed essential during the Winter Break period and discuss how the unit will maintain essential functions.